Sunday, August 5, 2007

Rain at my Doorstep





The rainy season is the most favourite of times in the year for me..The fragrance that wafts up from the parched earth as it receives the first drops of rain is enough to perk me up instantly. The rains in Kerala begin usually during the months of June, July n August ( The malayalam months of Edavam & Karkidakam ). Earlier in school we used to have such fun playing football in the rain, digging channels and building little dams in the mud for the dark brown waters to rush through..no shoes, no socks and sometimes without shirts.. :-) dirtying ourselves with such gleeful abandon. In college we use to sit on the hostel roof enjoying getting drenched in the rain.. Today as I sit watchin the rain pouring down with deafening noise and flooding the courtyard of my house..I cant help hope that it will continue to hold such magic for me all through my life..

No comments: